Wednesday 25 April 2018

Blooming birthday!

My mum is celebrating a round number birthday this year - this is the card I managed to make for her after suffering a severe inspiration bypass. I’m kind of happy with it, I just wish it had come about more easily. The important thing though is that Mum liked it!

The flowers are coloured with a mixture of Distress ink, Clean Color markers, Copics, pencil and gel pen. The green dots are stamped with the little circles in the Happy stamp set and I used some textured gold cardstock and sequins for a bit of added glamour.  

Stamps:
Roses in Bloom by Waltzingmouse Stamps (no  longer with us)
Happy Stamp & Cut by Hero Arts (die cut sentiment as well)

Say It All by Hero Arts (because I wanted “birthday” a bit bigger than the Happy set one)

Paper:
Bristol board 
Gold linen textured

Ink:
Memento Luxe by Tsukineko (Rosebud, Pear Tart)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Picked Raspberry, Shabby Shutters)

Other:
Tim Holtz/Sizzix dies (Mixed Media I)
Zig Clean Colour markers (pink and light green)
Magenta coloured pencil
Copic markers
Gold gel pen
Tracing wheel
Sequins
Pinflair glue gel


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Shabneez said...

What a beautiful creation Joanne. I think my Mum would like it too - haha! The detail on the flower is amazing. Shabneez x

CherylQuilts said...

Joanne, this is gorgeous! I have this stamp set and love it (and I think it may be calling my name now - haha!). Your flowers are beautifully colored, and what a lovely layout with the die cut so show the textured gold. The sequins are a beautiful color and add just the right amount of sparkle! Stunning card, sweet friend, and I know your mum loves it! Hugs! xoxo

Paula Whittaker said...

Gorgeous card x