Friday 7 April 2017

April elements

Its Friday so it must be Daring Cardmaker day! It's also the first Friday of the month so that means it's an "elemental" dare with Dawn choosing fresh, spring time inspiration for us this month. As ever, choose three or more elements to kickstart your card.

I chose a frou-frou style flower (in the vase top left), pink, pale yellow, soft blue and green from the colour scheme and tangled nesting material.

This really should have come together quickly but I had one of those days where you just shuffle stuff around in endless combinations and can't make anything look right at all! Looking at it now I realise I've done my default of "shove a big flower bottom left and leave lots of white space"! About the most creative thinking here is using a stamp that should be a spike of flowers and making it into supporting foliage by stamping in shades of green - never mind!

Stamps:
Sweet Havana by Mama Elephant

Paper:
Textured white

Ink:
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint)
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)

Other:
Home made stencil (cut with Spellbinder Fancy Lattice die)
Paper flowers (a couple of Prima hydrangea heads and a Wild Orchid cherry blossom, I think)
Crochet thread
Corner Chomper

Here's the inspiration picture in case you'd like to join in and didn't arrive here from the DCM blog!



Thanks for stopping by, have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Shabneez said...

You know I love your CAS style! I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes a project then scraps it! I did that with this Challenge too! Shabneez x

Handmade by Natty said...

Just love that subtle background you've created to the floral element. Really pretty. :)

Unknown said...

This may be your default style but it's a stunning card. I love the flower and the fabulous background. Cathy x