Friday 21 June 2013

Eagle for dad

I've just realised I meant to blog this at the start of the week and forgot to make the post live! This is the card I made for Dad for Father's Day. A quick one layer card but one that still has impact, I hope!

The handsome eagle head doesn't need a lot doing to it - just a touch of colour for the beak and eye and a few strokes of grey pencil to shade the head a bit. I masked him and stamped the script at an angle, added some smudged Pan Pastel and then stamped the sentiment (the only father's day one I could find in my stash, as it happens!).

Stamps:
Eagle Profile (Beeswax Stamps)
19th Century French Script (Hero Arts)
Father's Day Centers (CHF, retired)


 Paper: smooth white

 Ink:
Onyx Black Versafine by Tsukineko
Stonewashed Adirondack dye ink by Ranger


 Other:
Prismacolor pencils (yellow and a couple of greys)
Pan Pastel (turquoise)
Corner Chomper


The theme this week at Pan Pastels UK challenge blog is an open masculine theme so I'm hooking up there.

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Kath said...

A very striking card, Joanne. I am getting very interested in these Pan Pastels.

Karen said...

This is really stunning, it looks like you have drawn the bird! xxx

Deborah said...

Such a striking card - I bet he loved it.

Unknown said...

Wow - what a fantastic stamp - and your 'less is more' theme is just perfect - really really love it!

Paula Whittaker said...

it certainly does have impact.

Kaz said...

It's so striking Joanne, I'm sure he loved it x

Unknown said...

Wow stunning design you have a real talent.Thanks for sharing it with us at PanPastel UK Challenge Blog.

Kerry DT Leader

PRIZE WILL BE POSTED TO A UK ADDRESS ONLY DUE TO INCREASE IN POSTAGE COSTS !!!

gardenpinks said...

A fabulous card that certainly does have impact. I haven't even got one Father's Day stamp in my stamp collection! I love Pan Pastels, one day I shall have some!!
Lynn xx

Hazel said...

Super card - bet he loved it. x

Traceyr said...

Wonderfully artist card Joanne I'm sure it was appreciated.

:)

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card :) Viv xx

Kathy said...

This is lovely. That blue is heavenly