Tuesday 13 December 2011

Tim Tag 9

Part of the festive season run up for many papercrafters these days includes Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas. I haven't been playing every day but I've had a go at the odd one or two. Here's my take on Day 9's tag.

I used Tim's double embossed technique for the background and the idea of a festive light source for the focal point and changed just about everything else! As my colours were darker, the whole thing was in danger of looking a bit dour so I added some torn cardstock snow layers to the base and kept my wording white rather than black.

I hand cut some holly leaves and spiky fronds to make a festive foliage arrangement for the top of the lantern and added a silk ribbon bow and some gems for a pop of red.

The lantern itself was coloured black with a marker and then had the tiniest scraping of Rub n Buff added to give it an antiqued metal finish. A tiny bit of gesso snow finishes the top.

Supplies:
Chipboard lantern from Lantern Set (Tando Creative)
Perfect Paisley Scrapblock stamp (retired CHF)
Typeset alpha die (Alterations/Sizzix)
Tim Holtz Distress ink (Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo)
Cuttlebug die cut ornate corner
Rub n Buff (Gold Leaf)
DCWV cardstock
Copic markers
Gesso
White cardstock
Glamour Dust glitter
Glossy Accents


Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Love this tag Joanne...te lantern looks lovely x

Kath said...

Lovely tag. Love the illusion of light.

tracy said...

very nice joanne:)

Unknown said...

Loving your Christmas tags - gorgeous

Janice said...

That's lovely, great textures.

Di said...

A gorgeous tag Joanne, I love what you've done with the lantern x

Lisa Silver said...

Beautiful tag, Joanne! Lovely!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Hugs,
lise

Deborah said...

Love this, Joanne! The lantern is great - will have to check out Tando.

Carole said...

It really looks as though the lantern is actually lit! I love it:)