Friday 16 September 2011

Forever Autumn

It's time for a new postcard swap on UK Stampers - Effie has given us the theme of "autumn" for September's swap.

I'm really not managing much crafty time at the moment so a postcard was perfect for me to squeeze into a half hour of inkiness.

I think a shaped card can have more immediate impact so as time was limited and I wanted to make an impression quickly, I die cut some ivory mountboard for my base. I stamped the bill of sale twice (easy to mask with the straight edge of a Post-It note to give the impression of layering) and then added the crow in the corn, the harvest baskets and some leaves coloured with Copics. A bit of Vintage Photo inking round the edge and I called it done.

Stamps:
Autumn Leaves (A Little Bit Sketchy line from Sheena Douglass)
Fall Harvest and Can it (CHF, retired)

Paper:
Ivory mountboard (freebie offcut from a framing shop)

Ink:
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Vintage Photo)
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Espresso)
Versafine by Tsukineko (Onyx Black and Vintage Sepia)

Other:
Copic markers
Tim Holtz Alterations die (Baroque)


Why not come and join us if you fancy getting a lovely handmade postcard in with your usual bills and junk mail? As usual, it's a low-commitment swap, just make one postcard and you'll get one in return so it all it costs you is a bit of time and the price of a stamp. Your card must include some stamping and be capable of going through the post without an envelope but other than that you can create anything within the theme. See what people are making for the swap here.

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

That shape with the leaves stamped around it really does make a strong impact visually.

Effie said...

That's a lovely shaped postcard.

itsallrosi said...

love the shape, and great use of some of my favorite stamps!

Di said...

Oh wow, just fabulous Joanne.

Hazel said...

Glad you managed some crafting time - with fab result x

Kaz said...

This is beautiful Joanne, I'm so glad you managed to get inky today xx

paddy said...

Great to hear you had some inky time!! Love the whole thing, and you make it sound so simple!! x

Zoechaos said...

Great post card love the layered journal effect. XOXO Zoe

salamanda said...

What a fabulous postcard - love the shape and leaves

tracy said...

1/2 hour well spent i'd say joanne :)
liking that background stamp :)

Alison said...

A beautiful Autumn project Joanne! Great shape! x

Traceyr said...

That seems like a good idea for a swap Joanne.

I love, love, love your postcard and the depth in it is superb. Brilliant.

:)

Karen said...

Oh...I could pick up tose leaves they look so 3D Joanne! This is a stunning piece xxx

Caroline said...

Gorgeous Joanne, love the leaves especially...x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is a lovely and gorgeous postcard Joanne.
Beautiful combination.
Greet Marja

JulieD said...

I've just discovered this post - it's gorgeous - I love your background and the crow is beautiful - I've started a collection of crow stamps - I'm a bit odd like that!! Those leaves around the edge also look really effective.

Anonymous said...

I rush to buy the stamps you use, as if all it takes is the right stamps! Hope springs eternal, I guess.....at least I'm having fun trying to get close to producing just one card I love half as much as any of yours.

"Layering" the journal pages took some kind of genius, I think. THAT'S what I'm missing!

Bahb