Tuesday 9 February 2010

Spring Song

Perhaps it's because I have always been an avid reader but as soon as I saw this stamp I thought "Perfect bookmark!". I guess it's just the proportions of the image.

I decided to go with the delicacy of the image by using inks as watercolours to give a soft and subtle look to the colouring. I'm a great reader of fiction, I really don't get on with biographies etc, and what is fiction but dreams, really?

This really doesn't take a lot of time or materials so I think it would make a nice little gift for things like teacher thank yous. You could even slip one inside a book you were giving as a gift to make it even more personal.

Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms):
Spring Song (February Stamp of the Month)
Motivational Centers (Mona Lisa Moments line)

Paper:
140lb hot press watercolor paper
Simply Heavy Black (CHF)

Ink:
Stazon by Tsukineko (Timber Brown)
Various Tim Holtz Distress inks by Ranger (as watercolors)

Other:
Sewing machine and thread


Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Joanne, this is so pretty and delicate.

Your colouring is beautiful and gives so much live to the stamp.

Hope you're keeping well.

x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Really beautiful :)

Net said...

That's a super image Joanne. I really like what you've done with it.

Karen said...

This is really pretty Joanne, love it! XXX

CLARE said...

Beautifully coloured image. This is a great idea, I am always using old tickets & bits of paper for bookmarks. The stitching makes it more robust somehow.

Effie said...

That is a beautiful stamp....

Janice said...

That is really beautiful Joanne.

Kathy said...

This is soooo pretty Joanne, I love the blue on the white background, it really glows

tracy said...

thats really sweet :)