Sunday 17 May 2009

Everything's groovy! (and candy winner)

Lots of the girls from Bubbly Funk are meeting up this weekend to make things, gossip and have fun. Those of us who've stayed at home decided to create a little fun of our own with a last-minute cyber crop. It's all quite impromptu with many of the classes being ones that are already online at places like YouTube or Splitcoast. Gez went above and beyond the call of duty though and created a tutorial for us on shaving foam backgrounds.

Gez's tutorial used alcohol inks and she got a fabulous effect- she's kindly added the tutorial to her blog here. I don't have any alcohol inks but I'd been meaning to play with shaving foam for a while so I decided I'd play along using the classic method of dye-based reinkers. The resulting piece made me think of groovy tie dye so I've gone for a retro surfer look!

I found I only had scraps of black card left so I just rubbed my Stazon pad over a white card blank to get the look I wanted!

Stamps: Surfing Chevy Convertible (GM line at Cornish Heritage Farms)

Paper: Smooth white, hot pink pearlescent

Ink:

Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (reinkers in Juniper and Stonewashed)

Stazon by Tsukineko (Jet Black)


Other:
Nail art gems
Plastic canvas circle (as template for gem placement)


This image is one of the two stamps offered in my last post as blog candy. I put all the names into a list and asked Random.org to mix them up for me. Top of the list was Rachel!

Congrats Rachel, your stamps are on the way!

5 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Congratulations Rachel. Enjoy your stamps.xx

Glad you liked the class Joanne. Thank You so much for playing along. I don't have many alcohol inks so thanks for trying out a different medium for us.

Your card is beautiful.Gez.xx

Carol Plume said...

what a gorgeous card Joanne....really love the hot pink and black together and the car is real cool!!

Great background achieved with the foam too....fab!

Congrats to Rachel too, have fun with those lovely stamps...

Janice said...

Congrats to Rachel! Doesn't the stamp look good on that card.

Hazel said...

Well done, Rachel - enjoy the stamps. The reinkers worked very well, didn't they, Joanne? Lovely card x

Rachelxx said...

I was thrilled to win the blog candy! Received the stamps this morning - Thanks so much :-) I will have fun playing with them :-)