Monday 28 April 2008

Backgrounder Blitz

Last week on the Cornish Heritage Farms forum, the DT girls organised a Backgrounder Blitz - a week's worth of challenges involving background stamps. I managed to do something each day but was busy enough with other stuff that I did quick uploads to the CHF gallery and nothing else so I thought I'd share some of them with you on the blog this week.

The first challenge was to use a BG stamp to make something based on a sketch by Lisa Strahl. Here's the sketch:



And here's my card based on it.



I didn't have any ribbon in the colour I wanted so I used Lisa Silver's tip of colouring a neutral ribbon with an alcohol marker. This technique can stiffen your ribbon but with a lightweight silk one like this, that can be an advantage as it results in a bit more 'body'. The sentiment is stamped directly onto the ribbon.

Supplies: Weathered Wood backgrounder and Silhouette Blooms I (both Cornish Heritage Farms), Tim Holtz Distress Ink Weathered Wood, Brilliance Graphite Black, 1" silk ribbon, Tria marker, silver gel pen

Thanks for looking, I'll add some more tomorrow!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Joanne you coloured that ribbon it looks fantastic.

Did you stamp the floral motif twice in two different shades of ink?

Janice said...

That is beautiful, so simple.

Kathy said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful

can't wait to see the rest now

tracy said...

thats lovely joanne :)

Shazza said...

this looks great
x

jjcreations said...

This is very nice....simple and elegant. Joan

Andrea said...

A great card and just so right for the occassion x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. xx

Joy said...

I love the shadowy effect of the flower, I have that BG background stamp and I love! Great card xx

Joy said...

Oops! sorry I have a stampin Up stamp similar to your background doh!

Jo said...

Very elegant :o)

Keri Lee Sereika said...

You know I looooove this one!!!

made by fifi said...

fab card such a delicate colour - love it xx

- dlm. said...

What a lovely card, Joanne! The stamped flower with the backgrounder is quite elegant. Colouring and stamping the sentiment on your ribbon is a wonderful idea!

Lisa Silver said...

Such an elegant design!!! I'm so glad you were able to join us all week. Your design style is fabulous and I love to see all your lovely projects!

Hugs,
lise

Angie C said...

Gorgeous card, very sophisticated and elegant looking