Sunday 9 March 2008

Pssst... birdy secrets

My crafty treat to myself for this month was a set of stamps called Bird Notes by Crafty Secrets that I've been coveting for several months now. Since ordering them, I discovered I'd won $25 at Cornish Heritage Farms in the online referral program so I get extra treats this month but I've only just ordered so those haven't arrived yet. In the meantime, this is my first Bird Notes card:



Crafty Secrets are a member company at Splitcoaststampers and once a week they have a challenge so I played with this one as the starting point for this card but simplified the layers significantly and switched the colours so that the green is dominant rather than the pink.

While I'm here: a toot for the eBay seller I bought from: fantastic customer service and shipping for this medium set was only $2.70 - I reckon it would have cost that for UK postage! The seller is fourcreativeseasons and she has lots of scrapping, stamping and papercrafting items - worth a look!

Supplies: Bird Notes set (Crafty Secrets), Gingham Backgrounder and Hello from Silhouette Blooms I (both Cornish Heritage Farms), Tim Holtz Distress ink Antique Linen, Clearsnap fluid chalk ink Rouge, Dark Brown, Warm Green, Bazzill Monochromatic blue-greens pack, piercer, Nestabilities Classic oval die, chalk, Prismacolor pencils/OMS/stump

Thanks for taking a 'peep'!

17 comments:

Kaz said...

Such a pretty card, that's a lovely stamp on that card, but you are very naughty putting that seller on there as now I have to have a look and I'll be tempted!!!

Janice said...

What a beautiful bird stamp Joanne. It is really gorgeous and your colouring is fantastic, as usual.

Kat said...

What a beautiful card, the colours and detail are fantastic.

Kathy said...

This is lovely. Your stamping and colouring always looks wonderful

Claireabelle said...

It's gorgeous!! I love Crafty Secrets and Heartwarming Vintage
xx

Jo said...

Beautiful card, the colour combo is FAB :o)

Lisa Silver said...

Darling birds! I love the piercing around the central image. So pretty!

Lise

Anonymous said...

Its a beautiful card. :)

Vanessa.

made by fifi said...

gorgeous stamp and beautiful card xx

Hels Sheridan said...

That stamp is so cute!! and I love what you have made with it x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Lovely card Joanne - I have this stamp set too! Thanks for the info on the EBay seller too.

Shazza said...

what a lovely card- must go have a look at that seller's stamps, really like the one you have used
:0)

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Mmmm just so sweet Joanne! I love anything with Birds on it!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card!! I love the birds too xxx

Unknown said...

Joanne, HUGE compliments on your water colouring my lovely! I love to see your stamped work, it's fab, fab, fab!

Donna said...

I love the card, and the way you have detailed the birds. xx

Angie C said...

What a gorgeous card - love the stamp