Monday 1 October 2007

In the frame

This week's DCM dare is set by Lynne who wants to see frames featured on our cards. Here's mine:



I hand cut a wonky frame from chipboard type card and covered in three layers of embossing powder. I used the tail feathers of the swirly bird stamp to emboss the molten powder. I wanted a 'not too shiny' gold finish but I don't have Pearlex. I do have edible lustre (intended for cake decorating!) so I used a little of that and it worked just fine :o) I used the tail again to stamp the swirly pattern on a strip of purple card to put behind the frame and stamped image. The sentiment was stamped with Versamrk and dusted with more of the lustre.

Thanks for the dare Lynne - I had fun with this one!

Supplies: Singing Swirly Bird stamp (CHF), sentiment from a HOTP set, clear embossing powder, RAnger Archival jet black, Versamark and Brilliance Galaxy Gold inks, edible lustre in Royal Gold, Prismacolor pencils and Sansodor.

24 comments:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow ,love your card the embossed frame looks brilliant ,thanks for stopping by my blog Dawnx

Hazel said...

Oh that frame is very funky - what a good idea.

Anne said...

Lovely card, great colours, and I love that wonky frame!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, had to giggle at the thought of embossing my kids... :)

Andrea, said...

Fab card, love the stamp and the funky frame

Swamp Tulip said...

Very pretty - great card.

Teresa

Em said...

Just love this card, that frame is fab, well done you!

Alhambra Club said...

Love it, the frame and that bird and your coloring all fantstic.

Ying Pang, said...

I love your frame, it' special and can resist to look again and again at the bird, it's so cute!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful card !! Bravo !!!

Celestial Freak said...

great card. I love that you used the swirly tail-feathers for the backgrounds too!
Very clever card!

Lavender Rose said...

Fabulous card, love your triple embossed frame and the way you have used part of the bird stamp to make the pattern, brilliant!

Kaz said...

Love this card Joanne, especially the frame.

Kathy said...

Brilliant!

I love that vlever use of the stamp, what a great idea to echo the birdy's tail in the rest of the card

My Paper World said...

Wow, I love your embossed frame, such a clever idea using part of the bird stamp! The stamped birdie is a cutie too!

Louly said...

what an amazing idea to use the tail feathers on the embossed frame! I love this card, that bird is so sweet and so nicely done too.

Anonymous said...

Love the shape of that frame & the bird's tail made the perfect accent in the EP ... great job.

Anonymous said...

Love the shape of that frame & the bird's tail made the perfect accent in the EP ... great job.

Mary said...

I love that you used the feathers of the bird on the frame and as part of your background. Your card is very pretty.

Mary

stamp and scrape said...

Love the angular frame, and the way you have united the card with the swirls.
Ros

Rhi said...

So funky! Love the utee'd frame, fab :)

Penny said...

Oooh, lovely. Very clever to use the tail feathers on the frame .

Anonymous said...

very sweet & very clever !

Clare said...

Gorgeous card, love the way you made the frame, it looks fab!

Lynne said...

Sorry I'm late Joanne.
Gorgeous card, thanks for joining in with my dare.